Seeking a challenging and rewarding position that will fully utilize and advance my hardware and software knowledge.
Applied Materials (contractor) -
· Responsible for testing semiconductor mainframes in a manufacturing environment prior to customer shipment.
· Worked with the customer during final system inspection to answer questions and demonstrate machine operation.
· Tested a variety of semiconductor equipment (Centura 200mm and 300mm platforms, Vantage 300mm) along with various chamber types specializing in thermal processes (RTP, Epi, LPCVD, DPN).
· Troubleshot problem equipment, reported discrepancies, and fixed defective hardware during test cycle.
· Communicated improvements to engineering for more accurate and easier to use testing procedures.
Agere Systems (formerly Lucent
· Worked in a team of Applications Engineers to support our leading edge network processors (PayloadPlus).
· Learned extensive networking knowledge including: protocols, technology, test equipment, and applications.
· Exchanged emails and conversed with customers on a daily basis to solve issues or problems in a timely manner.
· Responsible for tracking down hardware and software bugs in our chipset and API.
· Communicated directly with Hardware and Software Engineers to gain expert knowledge in specific areas, report problems and bugs, and solve customer issues.
· Programmed our chipset to perform varying degrees of Quality and Class of Service, ATM SARing, IP over ATM, or other customer specific line-rate applications that exhibit traffic management, shaping, and/or policing.
· Worked on our Integrated Development System (IDS) running Linux and VxWorks operating systems.
· Interfaced our chipset with other networking chips such as framers and switch fabrics.
· Developed and maintained our main product, CellRater, which was used to characterize standard cell libraries.
· Made changes to our Verilog and VHDL cell models and tested SDF compatibility with multiple simulators.
· Integrated Platform Computing's Load Sharing Facility (LSF) into CellRater to allow load-balancing over networks.
· Responsible for fixing and improving power characterization methodology using various SPICE engines to increase the accuracy of calculated cell power usage.
· Used numerous EDA tools including DesignCompiler, Primetime, Verilog-XL, VCS, ModelSim to verify correctness of CellRater's output model formats.
· Developed and maintained the Flight Computer Operating System (FCOS) that runs onboard the Space Shuttle's five AP-101S computers.
· Learned redundant and fault-tolerant computer methodologies needed for life-critical systems.
· Practiced rigid software engineering which achieved our SEI (Software Engineering Institute) Level 5 rating.
· Analyzed errors in the software, assessed risk, and formulated process improvements to prevent future problems.
· Performed extensive software testing on various simulators and on actual NASA hardware.
· Maintained and improved multiple documents.
· Involved in reengineering various Shuttle systems.
· Helped develop analysis tools using current object-oriented design principles.
Specialized Courses: VLSI Circuit Design, Advanced Computer Architecture
Six credit hours of Graduate studies pursuing M.S. in Computer Engineering
· Networking: TCP/IP, ATM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, PPP, etc.
· Languages: C/C++, Java, Python, PHP, MySQL, Verilog, VHDL, Pascal, Fortran, Lisp
· Assembly Languages: AP-101S, IBM 370, Motorola 68040, x86, Cray Y-MP
· Operating Systems: Unix (Solaris, Linux), VxWorks, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP & DOS, TSO
· Software/Packages: RCS, Clearcase, LSF, various EDA tools, Adobe Photoshop